At Kal-Haven Storage, we do everything possible to avoid the unnecessary sale of items inside of delinquent units. However, when units remain delinquent for an extended period of time, we hold self storage auctions. Below is a list of upcoming auctions.
Details on Michigan lien laws can be found in your lease when you rent a unit.
Kal Haven Storage will sell at public auction on (No auctions scheduled at this time) the personal property belonging to the following tenants to the highest bidder. The sale shall be held at Kal Haven Storage, 7723 North 6thStreet, Kalamazoo, MI, 49009, 269-344-2644, commencing at approximately 10:00 AM to satisfy the owner’s lien for rent in accordance with MI Code Section 570.525.
All contents sold “as is” and by unit only. Seller neither warrants title to any items sold and does not make any express or implied warranties to any item sold. We reserve the right to refuse any and all bids. All sales are subject to prior cancellation.
Auction Bidding rules
- All persons who want to participate in the sale must COMPLETE a registration form.
- All participants must be 18 years or older.
- Parties who want to bid will be allowed to see the unit without touching or removing any of the goods from the unit.The bidders will be given an opportunity to inspect the property on the day of the auction and at such other times as determined by the facility owner.
- Payment must be by CASH.CREDIT CARDS OR PERSONAL CHECKS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED UNLESS SATISFACTORY ARRANGEMENTS ARE MADE PRIOR TO SALE.
- All auctions are WITH RESERVE and therefore all units may be withdrawn from sale at any time by the Auctioneer.
- Applicable sales tax will be added to all sales unless successful bidder provides documentation that bidder is exempt from sales tax.
- A sale is not deemed completed until all money due is paid by the high bidder at the auction and received by facility and all property is removed from the unit by the high bidder or a lease is executed for the rental of the unit. A bidder’s remedy for a cancelled sale is limited to the return of the money paid for the unit at auction.
- High bidders on units are required to pay an additional clean up deposit of $25.00 until all items in the unit are removed from the premises. If all of the items are removed and the unit is left clean, the deposit will be refunded at the time of the move out.
- All goods purchased at the time of the sale are to be removed from the facility no later than the end of that business day.
- Goods paid for but not removed from the facility within 48 hours after the sale will be disposed of. This facility will not refund money for goods paid for and not removed in accordance with the deadline. Bidder releases facility from responsibility for the disposal of said property. Alternative arrangements concerning the continued storage of the goods after 48 hours may be made with the manager but must be in writing to be enforceable.
- Facility does not accept any liability on the goods purchased at the time of the sale.Goods are purchased in an “AS-IS” condition. No guarantees or warranties of any type or kind are expressed or implied with the purchase of any item. ALL SALES ARE FINAL!
- Bidders shall not resell any goods on the facility premises to other bidders without the approval of the facility manager.
- Any firearms or ammunition located in the unit must be turned over to the facility for proper disposal.
- Any violation of the above rules will result in the inability of the bidder to be included in any future sales.